Blue Sky Service
Flight instructor FI(H)
We teach the best pilots how to teach others. Beginning helicopter pilots can only be trained by a qualified flight instructor. At the Blue Sky Service flight school, we will help you obtain the necessary qualifications so you can pass your experience and knowledge on to others.
Length of training
Training consists of two major components – theoretical and flight training. The theoretical course consists of 100 hours of instruction + 25 hours of supervised teaching by the candidate. The practical portion of training comprises 30 flight hours.
- 18 years of age
- Class 1 or class 2 medical fitness
- Total of at least 250 flight hours
- CPL(H), ATPL(H) or possibly PPL(H) license + certificate for passing a CPL(H) theoretical test and 200 flight hours as a pilot in command (PIC)
- 10 hours of training in flying by instruments
- 20 hours of navigation flights