Blue sky service
Private pilot license PPL(A)
A basic course for anyone who wants to learn how to fly a plane. After completing flight training at our airport in Brno, you will receive your PPL(A) private pilot license for airplanes. With this license, you will be able to pilot single-engine airplanes.
You can not only fly for your own enjoyment but also take friends and family on board. If you’d like to transport other people for a fee, then you must also obtain a commercial pilot license for airplanes – CPL(A).
As a private pilot, you can fly at any time during the day in good weather. This license can be expanded at the Blue Sky Service flight school, to include other qualifications, such as night flying, instrument flying, aerobatic flying, or a license for multi-engine airplanes.
The PPL(A) license is valid in member countries of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), which includes 28 countries of the European Union as well as Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Iceland.
Flight training course
The course programme consists of a total of 45 flight hours. You will learn everything necessary to control planes and handle non-standard situations.
- Introductory 3-4 lessons: Familiarization with the ZLIN airplane, ground preparation, theoretical preparation.
- This is followed by practical instruction combined with theory.
- Theoretical instruction consists primarily of independent study and consultation with the instructor.
- The exact schedule is based on the needs of the client.
- Theoretical instruction is tailored individually for each student.
- To obtain a pilot license it is necessary to pass a theoretical examination at the Civil Aviation Authority.
- Class 2 medical fitness
- Students may enroll in practical training during the calendar year in which they will turn 16 years of age
- They may only fly solo after turning 16.
- Students must be 17 years of age to take the final examination.